Art in the Park – Children
PGCE trained teacher Jo Sharpe has been running children’s art classes and workshops in schools and libraries for several years. She’s really excited to be able to offer these holiday workshops from Studio 9 Oaks Park. In the summer months you can enjoy a great day family day out visiting the fabulous lavender fields across the road and explore and eat ice-creams in beautiful Oaks Park. In Autumn, enjoy a walk admiring the autumn trees and a have an hearty lunch at the cafe . To keep everyone safe, whilst Corona Virus is still present, the workshops takes place outside Studio 9 in Oaks park when the weather is warm enough. The workshops sizes are small to allow for social distancing. Please also read the covid guidance below and feel free to ask me any questions. Should you wish to book a private family workshop for family and friends, please contact Jo and she will be happy to oblige. Book ahead to secure a place.
For the foreseeable future the following guidelines will be in place at Jo Sharpe’s Art lesson and workshops @Studio 9.
- Anyone who feels unwell with ‘covid like’ symptoms is asked not to come to attend the workshop
- Customer information such as email address and phone number will be required when booking and kept for reasons of track and trace.
- Class numbers are reduced to 5 (adults) (6 children) to adhere to 1.5 metre-plus social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitiser and handwashing facilities will be available to use on arrival and during the lesson to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Clear guidance on social distancing and hygiene to students will be given to students on arrival verbally and also with the use of, signage and visual aids.
- Teacher assistance will need to be at a distance due social distancing guidelines.
- Students will be issued with their own painting equipment to reduce the use of contamination. Students are also encouraged to bring their own equipment to use.
- Areas and equipment will be cleaned between uses using usual cleaning products.
- Work and supplies will be put in place collection points rather than passing pieces hand-to-hand.
- Parents are asked to stand outside when collecting rather than enter the studio. If they are to enter, they must wear a mask and hand sanitiser.
13/8 Under the sea 11-12.15pm, 13/8 Under the sea 1.15-2.30pm, 13/8 Butterflies and bees & lavender 3-4.15pm, 14/8 Pixel art fun 11-12.15pm, 14/8 Pixel art fun 1.15-2.30pm, 14/8 Draw dinosaurs and reptiles 3-4.15pm, 27/8 Sunflowers still life 11-12.30pm, 27/8 Sunflowers still life 1.15-2.45pm, 27/8 Inspired by Nature – drawing and clay 3.15-4.30pm, 28/8 Mixed media fun 11-12.15pm, 28/8 Mixed media fun 1.15-2.30pm, 28/8 Turn your mixed media into fish pics 3-4.15pm, 3, 28/10 – Learn colour by painting autumn leaves 11-12.15pm, 28/10 – Spooky Halloween drawings 1.15-2.30pm, 28/10 Make a Halloween mechanism 3.00-4.15pm, 29/10 – Learn colour by painting autumn leaves 11-12.15pm, 29/10 – Spooky Halloween drawings 1.15-2.30pm, 29/10 – Fantastic beasts 3-4.15pm, 30/10 11-12.15pm Inspired by Nature – drawing and clay workshop, 20/12 10.30-12pm Christmas pixel fun, 21/12 11-12.30 pm – Christmas dough craft1, 21/10 1.00 -3.00pm Pop up Christmas, 21/10 3.30-4.45pm Christmas pixel fun, 22/10 11-12.30 Christmas doughcraft 2, 22/12 1-3.00pm Make sustainable decorations, 22/12 3.30-4.45 Christmas pixel fun